Well, it’s been a slow week. I work retail at a toy store and business is picking up, which also means so are my hours. And I ended up farm-sitting for my folks during a week-long trip out of state. Upside, I got a variety of animals to eat right from my hand, from a chicken to a llama. Not many people can say they hand-fed a llama. Or a chicken, but the llama is more impressive I think 😉
I have still gotten some progress though. The acolytes are finished up and mounted on the Harbinger’s base and I’ve started painting the side-ribbons. Once they’re done and attached, on go the chains and final extreme highlights all around. A bit of flocking and the girl will finally be done.
The good side is that she’s nearly finished and looking pretty good. The bad side is that at this pace I’m not likely to be able to complete my goal of a fully painted army by year’s end. But, we’ll just have to see how things shake out.
At worst I may end up postponing the unit of zealots and just finish up all my jacks and solos first. I could possibly finish the zealots if I used some faster techniques like “base coat, ink, and drybrush”. But then they don’t look as good as the rest of the work I’ve done on the army and part of the point here is practice with new painting techniques. So I’ll just be sticking it out I reckon.